Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

My Little Motor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 9:52 pm

I say little cause it is at the events I get myself into. Well, the little engine of mine is broken pretty bad, had some bad luck in the burnout box at Columbus an broke the block, a connecting rod, cracked an bent the crank an tore a hole in the oil pan when that rod tried to escape. But the diaper caught him before he an 10 quarts off oil hit the track. I'll sure miss that little motor, its ran well for me an never gave up a race by more than a few feet when it really counted. All it needed was a car in the other lane an she knew she had to give it all up to win. She's powered me an the Z to Runner up at the King of Columbus 10.5 class 08-09, always qualified 2nd,3rd,4th an a 5th spot worse case in any headsup race we been in. Placed 5th in Outlaw10.5 in Detroit 3 summers ago on 29.5x10.5tires. She placed 2nd 3rd or 4th at the Nitrous Shootout in Columbus every time, won over $8500.00 cash in the last 2.5 summers. An the ole girl has ended her life in the Z with 3 "1st place" wins in a row in Outlaw Limited Street at our last outings, October @ Milan an the first two races at Thompson this spring. The little motor has always been outclassed by big inch motors or huge blowers an Turbo cars an has showed up an give em a drag race every single time. Well, I can't sit around an mourn her loss long, she wouldn't want that, the parts are on the way an the Z should be racing in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 10:02 pm

Well after all it's been through with you, I'm sure everyone will agree with me when I say it's in a better place. No more pain and suffering for her.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 6:50 am

Kinda brings tears to my eyes Sad
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 7:21 pm

amac wrote:
Kinda brings tears to my eyes Sad

Get a hold of yourself Amac! Everythings gonns be ok.
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 7:45 pm

Don, Skip was peeling onions and the tears had nothing to do with grief over your motor !
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 7:52 pm

Andamo wrote:
Don, Skip was peeling onions and the tears had nothing to do with grief over your motor !

I wasn't sure, he can get very emotional at times ! I hate to see him blubbering about lost motors, it just ain't right. I shoulda told him in person instead of coldly posting it on here an possibly sending him into hysteria, he may have been alone with no shoulder near.
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 8:32 pm

I know I cried when I had to help push it off the starting line @ 85 degrees... still a very good time and very fast cars!!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2011, 8:38 pm

I am over it now but that was some hard news. All these motor problems scares me sometimes that stuff is contagious !!!
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2011, 9:32 pm

Good news Amac ! The lil Motor is restored , top end on an will hit the frame rails Saturday an the track next week. I'll test it at the Renegade race. I've got a connecting rod (some of it) an a piston you must see. Pulled the Oliver WSB bolts through the rod cap an twisted the steel billet rod like a wash rag when ya get the water out. The block was cracked when the rod hit it so we JB welded it so the water don't come out an polished the crank an she's ready to go.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2011, 6:42 pm

Good old fashion American ingenuity ya gotta love it
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2011, 6:47 pm

If it wasn't for JB Weld, Duct tape, coat hangars and chewing gum, where the heck would racers be ?
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2011, 7:31 pm

I was worried that it'd need alot of JB weld and really wanted him to get a new block, but it only took two tubes, so I think it'll be okay. It's low in the bore so we just smoothed it out, sanded with 400 grit and reassembled. Should hold up for another year or two.
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 8:03 pm

She's up an running an the horses are kickin the sides off the stall.
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 9:45 pm

Mr Z wrote:
She's up an running an the horses are kickin the sides off the stall.

And all the JB weld held up.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 8:06 am

Mr Z just for future reference how hard was it to balance that #7 piston that you fashioned out of JB weld ?
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 8:01 pm

not to hard at all, we just drilled the gas ports around the ring pack to 3/16inch holes but we seem to be getting a little blowby now. maybe things will tighten up when we hit it with nitrous.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 8:05 am

I would imagine the expansion rate of the polymer in the JB weld should yield a similar molecular level to that of aluminum at the same kelvin level produced by the introduction of N2o and fossil based petroleum.
Back to top Go down

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 7:22 pm

amac wrote:
I would imagine the expansion rate of the polymer in the JB weld should yield a similar molecular level to that of aluminum at the same kelvin level produced by the introduction of N2o and fossil based petroleum.

Is this you Amac or the wife on your puter again? I knew that Italian vehicle would mess with your language skills!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2011, 7:52 am

I was wondering how long it would take you to get a load of that B.S. LOL
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2011, 12:07 pm

Mr. Z's Little Piston My Little Motor Th_100_4604 My Little Motor Th_100_4606 My Little Motor Th_100_4607 My Little Motor Th_100_4609 My Little Motor Th_100_4608
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Little Motor Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Motor   My Little Motor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Little Motor
Page 1 of 1