Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Fiat Topolino

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2011, 5:20 pm

You're right Keith, it kinda does remind you of the Great Pumpkin.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2011, 10:09 pm

looking good skip!!! didn't know you had a new ride but now i do.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 8:22 am

Thanks everybody a few more late nights and maybe I,ll get to try it out.Sorry but the orange is going to have to go I was thinking maybe neon green?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 9:22 am

Skip, do you happen to know if the chassis is a old funny car chassis ?
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 9:40 am

Brock Spangler wrote:
didn't know you had a new ride but now i do.
Thompson this weekend? cheers
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 10:26 am

Bad news for our car must of had alittle to much power for the old frame. she has a few small tares in it and a few chucks misssing... We know were going to need some 2x3 square tubing but should we try and weld it or have someone do it for us. if so does anyone know any good welders that knows how to do car frames. Someone told me gordie stevens does welding I'm not sure if he does frames or not if anyone knows let me know.

Last edited by Brock Spangler on October 31st 2011, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 10:28 am

as of small i mean about a ft total between the 2 tares. than maybe the frame tried rusting out maybe cause there is a couple spots were its missing some frame.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 10:32 am

toot i meant now I know. not that I got a new ride if that was what you were thinking. sorry for not being more clear.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 12:53 pm

Brock I thought you were offering to run the Monza for Skip!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 3:08 pm

It's not a MOPAR Toot, so that'll never happen.
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 8:26 pm

PFFT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2011, 8:05 am

Andamo wrote:
Skip, do you happen to know if the chassis is a old funny car chassis ?
Yeah Dan I am pretty sure it is.The back of the chassis seems to have the hinge for the flopper body. It has to be a funny car now that I own it LOL
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 8:42 am

Well I fired the Fiat up thurs. night and was very pleased it still has some bugs but overall it should be fine. I had it on jack stands at 7000 in high gear and very smooth so I must have lined the pinion up right lol The car weighs just under 1700 with me in it. I repainted it and it should be a real head turner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 8:51 am

What kind of times are you expecting out of the Fiat Skip ?
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 5:56 pm

Good question Dan I took it up the road today handles real good launches pretty good with no burnout it has a stock 350 in it now prolly 300 hp. so 1700 lbs should run tens I guess but I have another sbc set up for alcohol for the not so distant future affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 6:07 pm

Yep, the 10's is a good guesstimate. In case you're interested, we still have the original 830 Sonny's hemi for sale. You always said that you wanted to go 200 mph and we've gone 174 in the 1/8th at 2425#. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 9:08 pm

I have a feeling its gonna be pretty quick with the light weight an small block in it. I'm thinking it'll run 9 flat.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 10:58 pm

tweak that 350 and put it on alky should run in the lower 10's i would think. might see some 9's depending on what you do to it but hey what do I know I'm just a beginer.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 7:18 am

The real problem is nowhere to hang the ROLL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 7:23 am

Toot, the Fiat will probably be the first car to hit the track with 2 diapers on it. One for the motor, and one on the driver !
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 8:38 am

It definitely has my curiosity up I have always liked the Topolinos every time I was at the track and one would go by I,d say there goes my next car lol So now I will see how much I really do like them! I am going to keep it a smallblock car and see just how fast I can stretch a dollar LOL Stay tuned it is going to be an interesting ride. The next chore will be to go over the monza from headlight to tailight then lay on some new paint and dial in the 9.90 index lets hope the renegades don,t run the same schedule as the nostalgic races or I will have to get a new truck and trailer Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 9:56 am

I'm sure some of you already know this, but for the others that don't, Topolino in Italian means ''little mouse'' Since Skip is going with a SBC, commonly referred to as the Mouse motor, it sounds like a match made in Fredonia, Italy.
Skip, any truth to the rumor that you're changing your name to Giuseppe Boscaloop ?

Last edited by Andamo on November 6th 2011, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 11:49 am

haha this reminds me of tom and jerry.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 1:52 pm

Fiat Topolino - Page 2 2011-110Fiat Topolino - Page 2 2011-111
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiat Topolino   Fiat Topolino - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fiat Topolino
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next