Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Lil Z,s new bullit

Go down 
+7
Rocs61vet
70rs
Firebird Benson
DEMON ROB
Toot
Little Toot
amac
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2010, 4:03 pm

Depends on whether I finish it up or not....if I do in time, I would like to make a few passes..not getting my hopes up though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 4:10 pm

Got it fired up and almost ready to go....got a gremlin we can't locate but I'll figure it out if its the last thing i do. anyone have a good timing light i can borrow? for some reason my timing is reading 36 degrees, then jumps to 26 for a few instances, then back to 36...and keeps doing it. we can't locate the problem. MSD just informed me that its the timing light, but i don't know.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 4:24 pm

MSD likes to mess with timing lights it,s the multi spark thing down low rpm,s did they give you a suggestion on what kind of light works best ? Mine does the same thing I just set mine with time trial,s lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 4:51 pm

He didn't give a specific light to try. Just blamed the light. I need to try another light and maybe rerun some wires further away from the alternator and such to be sure its nothing there. I tried an MSD Digital 7 box, a 6A box, we went to Summit and got a new 8975 retard box, and swapped crank trigger pickups. It all did the same thing, so I think all my electronics are fine. I just can't find the interference or cause. It's 10 degrees exactly every time. It never hits 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, etc...36 to 26. It doesn't sound bad to be, but it's so darn loud it's hard to hear anything like that....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 9:42 pm

I got 25 feet of ground wire and some more terminal ends to do some more wiring. Gonna ground the engine block to the battery and move my magnetic pickup wires way away from alternator, fan and water pump wires....

Then gonna wire in two relays to my progressive controller if that all works out so that it'll pull timing like it should, and I should be ready to go. Adjust seat belts, bolt in fire extinguisher, and maybe my 10lb fire system if time permits. I'd like to make it out Sunday to try it if all goes well Saturday. We'll see, I'm getting pumped!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 10:06 pm

pineapple wrote:
Little Z28 wrote:
Here's some progress pics. I gotta put the rack and steering column in next weekend.

Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 100_0516

Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 100_0520

Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 100_0517

Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 100_0528

Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 100_0526

Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 100_0531
What tranmission are you backing that 632 with?
Let us know where your going for t&t..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 10:11 pm

If I go anywhere it'll just be Sunset at first. Gotta make sure everything works before I make any long hauls. I don't know if the radiator and fan are gonna be large enough yet, and gotta get used to the beast.....so just look for me there Sunday or the following weekend probably.
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 10:27 pm

Little Z, just go to quaker and show it off at the super nats. $30 lets you race friday through sunday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 10:45 pm

I won't race at quaker....Dan Swindell is a crook, and last time we went to the Super Nats there it took 6 hours of waiting in the lanes to make one run. I swear never again.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 7:54 am

Yeah Sunset will be a good place to put a tune on there,s plenty of time and help if you need it. Heck I,m sure you can find some guy,s there like me who know more about the car than you do LMAO
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 10:34 am

amac wrote:
Heck I,m sure you can find some guy,s there like me who know more about the car than you do LMAO

I am going to move this to the joke section lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 4:43 pm

Toot wrote:
amac wrote:
Heck I,m sure you can find some guy,s there like me who know more about the car than you do LMAO

I am going to move this to the joke section lol

Yeah it sure is getting deep in here!!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 8:06 pm

Ha I knew that would get some attention LOL
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 8:11 pm

Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 9:47 pm

So who all is gonna be at Sunset on Sunday????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 10:14 pm

I'm sure you will see alot of the club members there to cheer the Z car.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 10:22 pm

That's a big "if saturday goes well at the garage"....haha...
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 10:27 pm

Lil Z you need me and your dad to bring a roll or do you have your own !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 10:42 pm

Better bring a couple rolls....in case I forget to pack some!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 9:59 pm

READY FOR WAR !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 8:28 pm

Well me made some passes today, didn't rotate the world or anything, but enough to get a feel for the car. Thanks to Dan, Skip, Mom, Dad, and Jeff for all the help.

Dan, it was nice to finally meet you after all the years we've talked online. It's nice to put a face with the name. I'm sure we'll be meeting up much more whether it's at Sunset, PRP, or Thompson. Good luck with your car, hope you guys have a good year. Thanks again for the help today, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 10:20 pm

Little Z,s car did everything right today and Donnie handled it quite well, he did lift a little more than Mr Z or myself but Dons ankle and mine are starting to get so old they only move down good and don,t always come back up when they should ,heck 360,s and lane changes help get the heart pumping LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2010, 9:42 pm

I wasn't too keen on running out through the field on the first day out in a few years....baby steps, baby steps....

Besides, you guys ride out the traction losses and say you have balls....I say you're just getting old and reflexes are slowing down, haha!!
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 7:42 am

The good thing about getting old and thinking slow is before you have time to realize that you,re sideways you,re at the end of the track LOL
Back to top Go down
Rocs61vet
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
Rocs61vet

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 7:46 am

As long as you dont end up with New paint on your Car you did OK !!! I guess, nothing a diaper and toilet paper cant take care of .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lil Z,s new bullit   Lil Z,s new bullit - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lil Z,s new bullit
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club :: Members Rides-
Jump to: