Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Quaker City

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 6:51 am

I see that Quaker City has their 2012 schedule posted on the home page. It's not really the schedule, but click on the Calendar and it looks like the racing starts in May. I understand a written schedule will be posted after the banquet.

Update: It looks like it's only a partial schedule for May and June.
Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 1:23 pm

It's been posted on YB that Quaker City will either be paved or concrete will be put down from the 330' point to the 1320' point. Probably mid to late April it will be done.

Also, they're planning on doing something about the water problem once the old surface is taken up. If he goes with the concrete in mid April, it takes 28 days for concrete to cure, so the opening day in May might be in question.

Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:17 pm

lets hope mother nature cooperates with this. thats why the schedule doesnt start till may.
Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:41 pm

I don't know how old the asphalt surface is that's down track, but it's time to be replaced. Last year there were chunks of asphalt being kicked up in the 6'' x 6'' range ! They would glue them back in place and hope for the best. With the freeze/thaw cycles we experience in our area and the constant water problems under the track surface, it's good to see Norm is going to do something positive.

I have to believe that Norm is questioning his own sanity and keeps asking himself why he wanted to buy a dragstrip !
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 8:26 am

Dan I think the first five years of a new business you can write off as a loss with the IRS LOL maybe it was good for him. Let,s hope it keeps going and just get,s better.
Back to top Go down
Zuluzahn
Club Member
Club Member
Zuluzahn

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 5:17 pm

A few years back there was never really a water issue. Right at the end before Mossy sold the track to Swindell, he had it ground smooth from the 1/8 out. After that, then moisture began. I was told it had gone a little too thin around 900' and that's where the major part of the wetness is/was I do believe. I hope they pour the calcium to the concrete to help it cure.....
Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 5:54 pm

Tim, so you're saying the water problems this past season aren't something new then ? I realize this past spring was probably the wettest on record, but the water problems continued almost throughout the entire season.

I don't if I believe this or not, or if people are just dumping on Swindell, which in many cases is justifiable, but it's been said that the excess water is because Swindell timbered out the right side downtrack and the water the trees would normally take in, didn't have a place to go and just ran to the lowest point which happens to be the ''belly'' of the track.
Back to top Go down
Zuluzahn
Club Member
Club Member
Zuluzahn

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 8:31 pm

That may have complicated things, but I do remember that there was a moisture problem after the grinding. When they rolled new blacktop down the track it had curbed the problem. Until now, I did not realize the timbering had occured. That being said, I'll probably lean towards the lumber missing making the problem worse, but also there is/was some water there to make the problem to begin with. Hell, I just want a dry track to play on..........lol
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2012, 10:41 am

I hope they get all that work done at QC it would really make the place alot better! Will be racing at QC and TRP this year but probaly won't be out untill atleast may since we are getting a late start on the car.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Sponsored content

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quaker City
Page 1 of 1