Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

Quaker City

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 11:18 am

I see where Quaker City has had to postpone it's opening since the pits are saturated and there is standing water everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 2:43 pm

poop!
Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 4:02 pm

No, not poop, but water.
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 6:54 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 9:39 pm

If it dosen,t dry up I,m gonna race my boats ....... In my yard LOL
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2011, 10:26 pm

TRP is running tomorrow and PRP also!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2011, 7:22 am

I understand that Greg Miller was released as manager at Quaker City. I'll hold off any comments until I hear the full story, but either way, that's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Little Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Little Toot

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2011, 7:57 am

Uh-Oh.
Back to top Go down
2fast4umalibu

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2011, 3:44 pm

beginning of the end!!wtf
Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2011, 8:55 pm

as long as track stays open and we can run the wheels off in 2012 @ quaker. does it really matter who manages it, when we just want to race for the fun and competition. its still oct. we have a long cold winter yet to plow snow and make snowmen. Smile
Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2011, 7:04 am

I'm sure the track will stay open, at least for the near future. I've found out some disturbing things about the what took place and we'll just have to see how everything plays out down the road.
Greg and Norm brought the track back from out of the ashes in a short time by hard work and a nose-to-the-grindstone work ethic. Just look at the car count this past season. Plus, the track was named IHRA Divison 3 track of the year and Quaker racers won the bracket finals this season too. Greg had some good plans to make the track into something special, and it remains to be seen if the next manager shares the same vision. I've spoken to a good friend of Greg's and Greg now has health issues that maybe will require a operation. Yes, he had his shortcomings, as we all do, but overall what he accomplished in a short time, and with the hostile atmosphere that was created by Dan Swindell, I think the racers should all thank Greg for what he did. I've only known Greg for maybe 3-4 years and I respect the man and especially the way everyone in contact with him is treated fairly. It's just too bad the new owner can't think for himself and was swayed by the same ''special interest'' groups that plagued the track before.
Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 3:48 pm

Has anyone been past Quaker City the past week or so to see if anything is being done with the track surface ? The original plan was to have Jim & Chad Heads' company start work on the 24th of October. Rumor was though that was put on hold.
Back to top Go down
amac
King of the Hill
King of the Hill
amac

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 6:36 pm

I hope whatever happens it stay,s open and turns a good profit we need all the tracks we can get and Quaker has been and should stay one of the great ones
Back to top Go down
Toot
Club Member
Club Member
Toot

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2011, 6:37 pm

drove by tonight on my way to work didn't see anything going on no heavy equipment just a few campers
Back to top Go down

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2011, 5:40 am

It sounds like the rumor may be true then about the track renovations. It seems that since they timbered out those trees down track on the right side, the water that normally fed the trees now makes its way towards the track. The trenches were a help, but not the cure-all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quaker City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quaker City   Quaker City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quaker City
Page 1 of 1