Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Empty
PostSubject: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2010, 7:50 pm

This ain't a club but an organization that drag races, I thought ya all might want a link to check our schedule from time to time instead of looking all over the net. Anyones welcome to come race if ya fit the rules, the aren't real strict to get good car counts.

http://renegaderacingassociation.weebly.com/index.html

2011 RACE SCHEDULE
These are the Thompson Races
SATURDAY MAY 21 PRO-MODS / RENEGADE RACING
SATURDAY JUNE 18 BRACKETS / RENEGADE RACING
SUNDAY JULY 3 FIREWORKS / RENEGADE RACING
SATURDAY JULY 23 BRACKETS / RENEGADE RACING
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 17 PRO-MODS / RENEGADE RACING

We Have one race at Quaker City
SATURDAY AUGUST 27TH RENEGADE RACING

Last edited by Mr Z on February 4th 2011, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 2:49 pm

I got there site under my favorites looking forward to seeing them next year!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 6:43 pm

Guys, I have a question for you. I realize this season was the first for the Renegade Warriors and I enjoy watching (when I can) you guys very much. My question is, do they have a technical inspection or is it the honor system ? I'm not trying to make waves, just askin' that's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 7:40 pm

They gave us a pretty good safty tech the first time each of us raced an looked for electronics for bracket racing, Thompson is not involved with it. Pretty much an Outlaw race, ya get away with what ya can as far as other rules. If someone complains about ya they will start looking closer, we police our own sort of.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 7:44 pm

I am trying to talk my dad into getting into the renegade racing association with the car cause thats what we run is a 10.5 tire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 9:09 pm

Bring it , you'll get hooked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 11:25 pm

Outlaw Limited Street, here we come. Hopefully I can throw down some 5.10s or 5.20s in the 1/8 and maybe dad will run some 4.90s or better.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 6:34 pm

I dont know if we will have the car up there next year but we will be there to watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 8:23 pm

new pics were added , lots to look at from last season.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 8:27 pm

thanks for letting me know Mr Z i have to study are competition! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 10:05 am

Brock Spangler wrote:
thanks for letting me know Mr Z i have to study are competition! LOL

You better be packin' at least 1500hp is all I gotta say!!

RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. 782469_orig
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 1:58 pm

yeah we are going to need more motor LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 7:23 pm

RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. TPG_9131+copy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 7:29 pm

RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Oct2010OLSMilan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 7:42 pm

thats what we do on TT5's, rip the sidewalls off em!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 7:52 pm

Don, at what point do you think you should go to bead lock rims, or do you feel safe with the drilled rims. You and Jr. have to be putting a tremendous amout of torque to those poor tires. Are you running in the 7.5# of air pressure range ?
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 8:25 pm

the z28 and looks good Mr z and same to you little Z28!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 8:30 pm

10.5 lbs of air in mine. it looks like a lot less. if i run more air i have trouble down track at times. thats off a footbrake too, imagine if i nailed it from a transbrake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 8:31 pm

with tubes too. After that race I added 10 more screws on each side if the rims for a total of 40 per rim. I had baby powder puffing out between the screws on the sidewalls. An you ask if I feel safe,lol ........Heck NO! lol. If it weren't for the tubes Both rears would have been flat by the 60ft marker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 9:07 pm

I know you said that you were footbraking that beast......and you could have knocked me over with a feather !
I know beadlocks are a huge expense and I guess my question is......with the new heads and re-configuration of the nitrous system, wouldn't beadlocks remove the ''pucker'' and I don't mean the tires, from your passes and possibly help your 60' times plus some peace of mind downtrack ?
Just asking Don, not preaching.

Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 10:10 pm

no doubt your right about the beadlocks Dan. There is lots of "pucker" going on.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 10:48 pm

Hey Mr Z how is your car and little Z28's car coming?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 10:14 am

Dad's block is getting cleaned and measured for pistons, my car is in the garage ready to block up and remove the rearend. Four link, wishbone, and antiroll bar showed up wednesday. I'll be starting it in a week or two.

Dan, the only thing that's saved dad is that he runs tubes in his tires, so the stress at the bead hasn't caused any failures in the nature of lost air. However, I do not run tubes on my 33's and do not like the rim screw idea. If I get my car done soon enough and have some money, I may send the rears to Champion for some locks. We'll see though. I'll be running the same tires as dad next year.
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2010, 6:49 pm

Thats good to hear cant wait untill spring!
Back to top Go down
Brock Spangler

Brock Spangler

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2010, 6:24 pm

For renegade racing do you have to have carpet on the floor or could you use something else? I am pulling out the old oringonal head lights and getting it set up for the rules! cant wait until next year at thompson! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.   RENEGADE RACING ASSOC. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RENEGADE RACING ASSOC.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next