Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quarter Eights Drag Racing Club

Dragracing friends that became a club. Established 12/08/09 Over 70 Members

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Club will meet at 6:30 Thursday, January 3rd at the Truck World off Rt.62 and I80.

7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tomcowle

7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Empty
PostSubject: 7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING    7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 7:28 pm

July 23rd at Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson, Oh. The Renegade Racing Association will be back in action for round 3 of 'Heads-up' STREET CAR racing excitement. The series caters to street-type vehicles with 2 heads-up style index classes and 1 heads-up class pitting drag radial tires vs. true 10 inch tires. The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION has grown in popularity with both fans and its competitors due to its close 'Heads-up style' racing and the excitement of street racing [though now held at the track]. The July 23rd race is held in conjunction with TRP's normal bracket racing program.

MORE CASH AND MORE PRIZES UP FOR GRABS

WHO'S IN????

Racers and fans, lets support your local racing series and get to the track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING    7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2011, 8:28 pm

I think lilZ is coming, I'm sitting this one out by the fence. Anyone else from the QE's coming?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING    7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2011, 6:36 am

I'd like to come up and watch you guys, but the Pro Mods are at PRP and I'm planning on going there instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING    7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2011, 5:51 pm

I'm not going. Too hot, not in the mood to fry in the car. Gonna head up home to relax....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING    7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2011, 11:40 pm

Probabaly a good move Don. I see where some of the east coast tracks have cancelled for tomorrow because of the heat and humidity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING    7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2011, 5:52 am

Yeah I just don't wanna race if I'm not having fun, and with it being 100 degrees all week here, I don't think I'll enjoy myself. There's lots of racing left. Just gonna take it easy this weekend.
Back to top Go down
tomcowle

PostSubject: Re: 7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING    7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 12:22 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to the racers, fans, and supporting sponsors who came out Saturday to brave to excessive heat and the threat of rain, your dedication is what makes this series what it is.

10.50 Highlights and Recap

We had a full field of 16 cars on the grounds today, when the qualifying dust settled Jimmy Pelcarsky held down the TI Dyno #1 Qualifying Spot with a 10.504. The next 5 cars were also in the 10.50's and the 16th qualifier ran a 11.01. The elimination rounds were filled with upsets and close racing with no clear favorite in site. The semi-finalists were Jim Loveland, Jack Brown, Denny "Big Show" Moore, and Brian Burns. The finals boiled down to a classic Chevy vs. Ford (Car vs. Truck) match-up, Denny Moore with his 1969 Camaro defeating Jack Brown's 1980 Ford F-100. Dennis had Jack covered on both ends of the track to secure his 1st Renegade Racing victory in two years of trying. Jimmy Loveland claimed the Ashtabularacing.com “Assassin” money for knocking off the #1 Qualifier, as well as the Hydrocustomz "Custom Cash" award for his topsy-turvy efforts leading up to and including race day. Ray Tumbry secured the Goodyear Tire "Last Man Standing" bonus. Jim Mikesina Services pitched in to sweeten the purse for Denny Moore.

Shearer-Fab 8.90 Highlights and Recap

We had a 9 racers who braved the elements and the incredibly tough track conditions today. The Chumley Motorsports #1 Qualifier was Al Matuska and his nitrous fed 1965 Chevrolet Malibu, running an 8.911. The top 5 qualifiers were all under 9.09, and anchoring the #9 spot was Gary Moore. The elimination rounds were filled with several tight finishes and narrow margins of victory. The semi-finalists were Gerry Penn, CHICO, Gary Moore, and Paul Suloff. The finals came down to Gerry Penn in his big block Ford powered 1989 Mustang vs CHICO in his 1963 Chevy II. CHICO claimed victory off the starting line with Gerry Penn going red. Gary Moore collected the Ashtabularacing.com “Assassin” money for eliminating the #1 Qualifier. Jeff Clark captured the Hydrocustomz "Custom Cash" award for the incredible driving skills he showed in the 1st round of eliminations that even had Jim Curtis raving about the wheel job Jeff showed everybody. Jim Mikesina Services pitched in to sweeten the purse for CHICO, who also claimed the Burt Brown Transmissions "Fast Reacting Cash" bonus.

Street Lethal Performance Outlaw Limited Street Highlights and Recap

We are going to call today the "Keith Sletvold Show" because he was the lone Outlaw Limited Street racer. Between breakages and bad weather and other racer commitments the car count was just not there to provide a good showing for the class. This means Keith also claimed Ultratech Racecars #1 Qualifier bonus. Keith is looking forward to racing with the RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION again at his home track Quaker City Motorsports Park.

We would like to thank our brand new sponsors who have recently come aboard: Hydrocustomz, Jim Mikesina Services, and STP who provided all our racers with great products!!!

Congratulations to all our racers!!! Thanks to Jim Curtis and his staff for having us at the track!!!

We are looking forward to seeing EVERYONE August 27th at Quaker City Motorsports Park!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING    7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7/23 TRP RENEGADE RACING
Page 1 of 1